1. If you’re looking for a place to spend a weekend (or possibly the upcoming Quinquatria break), I’d highly recommend visiting Pondicherry. It’s a seaside town on the East Coast and former French colony, so you’ll hear a lot of French spoken in the area. The town is rife with beautiful architecture, has a promenade right along the ocean, and is a fascinating piece of coastal colonial history. Rent some bicycles and explore.
2. Book recommendation: The God of Small Things. An Indian classic, this novel by Arundhati Roy was published in 1997 and won the Man Booker Prize that year. Roy is a beautiful writer, and just like The White Tiger, this novel dives headfirst into class struggles and political control in India. Reminder to check out Liberty Bookstore for cheap second hand books!
3. Another place to work, or just to chill and drink coffee: Mocha Bar. Right across the road from Le Vantage, this rooftop cafe and bar is a beautiful spot, and has wifi if you want to get some work done there. Find it here.
4. If you’re looking to play football, cricket, or volleyball, check out either Arena 48 or Sportsville. Both places are within a ten minute ride of home, and you can book out the courts for as long as you like and play some sports in the sun. There are groups playing both football and volleyball regularly, so if you’d like to join just get in touch with me.
5. It’s hot and I know people are keen to swim. Antonio has been swimming regularly at Seasons Indoor Swimming Pool, about a ten minute ride from home. It’s 150 INR for an hour swim. Open 6am-1pm and 4-10pm. For more info, check out their website.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly